01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pumpkin Piles

Fall is here even in the sunny, warm Charleston area! This Northern girl is indeed excited about this. I hadn’t even finished decorating our home for normal days before I just had too pull out the fall decor and pumpkin away!

The same day I had our yard sale to sell all our “junk” here I ran to a yard sale in a nearby neighborhood. Evidently this couple’s mother had just passed and she had boxes and boxes of holiday decor. I mean, an entire huge front yard full of boxes overflowing with gorgeous decorations. I started to look a bit and didn’t see any prices so somewhat dreaded the answer to my hesitant question, “how much for this?” (with my arms full of stuff). The lady chuckled and said, “well, we are actually selling by the box.” Oh no! was my first thought…until I let her finish… “It’s $1 a box.” What? For real, $1? Folks, these weren’t just any ordinary ugly decorations. I mean, let’s be honest, some were pretty gaudy, but the majority were gorgeous pieces from Hobby Lobby, Kirklands, etc. Some even had the price tags still on them.

I found 6 boxes of beautiful decorations. 2 boxes were filled with gorgeous ceramic pumpkins with $16.99 stickers on the bottom of each. I found several boxes of Christmas garland with pinecones and all. Stickers on those were $49.99! Total spending from my wallet….$6 and my back of the van was shoved full.

Thus, the piles of pumpkins, corn, and gourds in our Fall displays. Fall Coffee Table (2) 

Our coffee table houses our framed tray and several pumpkins.

Fall Decor (3)

My recent yard sale score got me this table. Enjoyed putting a little fall display together here with my little Madelynn.

Fall Dining Room (5)

I continue to LOVE my diy chalkboard which is the first thing you will see as you enter our home. You can read how I created that fun piece here.

Fall Dining room (4)

Our old dresser houses my wooden sign that I made from an old door from the side of the road. You can read about that free project here.

Fall Dining Rom

Had a blast finding a cool dining room table set off craigslist and gave it a little uplift with an old iron piece in the center and a wooden toolbox filled with fall decor.

These are just a few of the spots in our home that scream FALL! My littles are off school the rest of the week so we are headed on a 3 day camping trip with our church family and we are thrilled to pieces. Looking forward to roasting hotdogs, marshmallows, hiking, and swimming together.

Happy Fall Y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment