Sometimes the greatest thing to remember in the 4 walls of your kitchen (creative place) is Change! We all hate it don’t we? Change is tough, can be overwhelming, and takes so much work and adjustments. However, the change I’m talking about today is a simple kind of change. It’s creative…it’s fresh…it’s the way to go when preparing meals or snacks for you and your dear family.
It may be the simplest thing of switching out a flavor or spice. It can even be just using a different brand for added variety.
Here are a few easy change-ups that I use often:
- Substitute crushed candies instead of “boring” chocolate chips in this week’s cookie dough.
- Add a different cream soup to the chicken rice or noodle dish.
- Buy a bunch of different pasta varieties to make pasta dishes exciting and different.
- Find fun flavor shakes for popcorn. (Wal-Mart has a great variety)
- Different spices on our roasted veggies! Will share that recipe soon!
- Cut our potatoes differently for variety. Slice them, chop them, bake them, broil them, fry them, etc.
This is definitely not an exhaustive list, but it is a start for you to see a few twists and change ups I do for our kitchen creativity. I would love to hear how you practice a bit of change-up in your kitchen this week!
Try it, it’s fun and you may make your little ones or hubby smile when they eat that weekly pasta dish with spiral pasta instead of elbow noodles. It’s the little things, folks, I promise.
I’m thrilled to be able to share several of our favorite recipes with you the next couple of days. Don’t forget to come back tomorrow.