01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day 26- Crockpot Attachment— Chicken chili, Bbq chicken, Pork roast, Beef Stroganoff

  crockpot

return page 

People laugh at me when they see my entourage of crock-pots! It is not a collection, I promise! I’d need a life if I collected crock pots. However, I have several and use them constantly. They just make kitchen life so much easier! I do enjoy cooking without it at times, but on those busy days of the week my crock-pot does the greatest job at making meal prep stress free.

I wish I could share every single recipe that I use with my handy attachment—crockpot! I absolutely love having supper in the crockpot by 8 am and letting it cook all day. It makes my house smell yummy and it takes away a great deal of work. I opted to just share 4 today. Many that I will be sharing with you the next few days I do in the crockpot too. And, hopefully I’ll share more as we approach the holiday season. Hope you can enjoy! Just remember….be creative. No roast is the same here---switch up those spices and add different veggies, etc.

Most of the recipes I make cook on low all day, or you can cook on high for 5-6 hours.

Chicken Chili

6-8 chicken breasts layered on bottom of crock pot (can be straight from the freezer)

2 cans black beans

2 cans corn (or 2 bags frozen corn)

1 package white chicken chili seasoning sprinkled on top. Pour 1/2 cup water over and cook on low.

(I do not use the season packs anymore for health purposes. I just sprinkle a little chili powder, salt, pepper, oregano, onion powder, paprika, and cumin to taste).

Serve with cheese, sour cream, chives, and tortilla chips.

BBQ Chicken

Slice and onion and layer on the bottom of your crockpot. Place Chicken wings, breasts, or legs on top and cover with a jar of your favorite bbq sauce.
Cook on low all day.

Easy as 1-2-3 Roast

Roast of whatever cut. Put in crockpot and top with sliced onion, a few celery ribs, cut carrots and a few potatoes cut into quarters.  Add 1 cup water and a few bouillon cubes or if you want thicker gravy a can of cream of mushroom. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and a dash of paprika.

Cook on low all day.

Beef Stroganoff

1/2 c. chopped onion
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 c. butter
1 lb ground beef
2 T flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Sprinkle of garlic powder, paprika and chili powder
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
Sautee onion and garlic in butter over heat. Stir in meat and brown. Add flour and spices then soup. Add sour cream and leave on warm in crock pot until ready to serve.

Stop on back tomorrow for several of our favorite baking and bread helps complete with recipes.

1 comment:

  1. This thing really come in handy, eh? I wish you could also share all the recipes you cooked in this crockpot. I notice most of them are meat dishes, and it seems that they’re all delicious, according to the fine ingredients included in their recipes. Thanks for sharing them, btw!

    Mae Tyler @ St. Andrew's Poultry

    ReplyDelete