Monday, November 10, 2014

Master Bathroom

When we moved into our home here in Charleston I was forced to paint our master bath. Maybe not completely forced, but the bold red just didn’t sit too well for our master bath. Don’t get me wrong, I love red, and I currently have a red 1/2 bath on the first floor, but not American Flag red!

DSC_2518

Gray was the new choice of color and I was excited to see the results.

 master bathroom (2)

master bath chandelier (3)   

Look what lives above the bathtub!!! It’s a chandelier, and I love it.

Master bath molding   

The crown molding around our home is beautiful! I am so thankful for the previous owner’s hard work in making things extra nice.

gray master bath  

I am planning to put trim around the mirror to make it look nice and paint the light fixtures with a black finish. All the fixtures are different finishes, so a coat of paint will be the best and easiest way to give a unified and classy look.

There was no place to hang our towels for the first few months. It was getting old and annoying to just drape wet towels over the shower door or bathtub. I wasn’t willing to spend much money so I shopped my house. I remembered this small old window that I was using as part of a table display and set to work screwing in a few pieces of hardware that I already had in our supply.

old window fun (2)old window towel rack (3)  

Voila! Our very own towel holder complete with wet towels!