Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bench from Home

Check out my most favorite Christmas gift ever…

DSC_6074

I know, it looks primitive, rough, imperfect and that equals absolutely amazing to me.

You know why?

My daddy made it just for me.

And, the better part is…

…it is made from old wood that was part of my childhood home!

I mentioned to my mom that I’d love an old bench for our kitchen table and this is what I received!

It fits the spot perfectly and has helped the 2 crazy chairs that once abided in it’s spot from hitting the wall every time people got in and out.

Every time I look at it I smile. Not just because I love it, but because loving hands built it specifically for me. He even built a little shelf on the bottom in case I “change my mind” on it’s home and want to store old quilts or stuff on the shelf.

So, there you have it…even old wood from a built in shelf from the dirt basement can create the greatest presents ever given.

DSC_6075

We are currently at the Wilds Music Conference for the week. I am so excited about visiting with friends and gleaning so much from the Bible and from wonderful music workshops.  And, my favorite preacher (Morris Gleiser) is the key note speaker so its icing on the cake.

Looking forward to sharing my cheap nightstand find and makeover next week. Have a great week, my friends.