01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 20, 2015

Easy Peasy Pineapple Cake

We are all ready for Spring, right? I hear each day the complaints of snow, ice, and frigid temps and the longing for warmer weather. Well, we will complain of the warmer weather when it comes I’m sure. We are never content, are we? With that aside, it’s fun to think of sunny thoughts when you are chilled to the bone. We have enjoyed lots of hot soups the last few days and I love it. But, when I think of summer I think of delectable fruity light desserts. I will be honest, these desserts taste good all year round to me.

This beauty is one of my husband’s all-time favorites…

DSC_5017

I like to refer to it as Easy Peasy Pineapple Cake. It is just that…EASY, but oh so yummy.

Easy Peasy Pineapple Cake

1 box Butter cake mix

1 cup oil

3 eggs

1 can un-drained mandarin oranges

Mix all for 1 minute and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 or until toothpick comes clean.

Cool, cover, and place in fridge for a few hours

Topping: 8 oz. cool whip, 1 small package instant vanilla pudding, 1/2 can of crushed pineapple with juice.  Fold all gently and spread on cold cake! Keep cold until you serve it!

Now, you can just put the yummy topping right on top of your cake or you can get all fancy and go a different route if serving for a ladies luncheon or tea.

DSC_5013

I found a small glass that I used to cut my cake into round pieces that fit perfectly into muffin cups.

DSC_5007

After I placed them in muffin cups I put a dollop of topping on each.

DSC_5015   

These were fairly simple steps to making this fun dessert easy to serve and eat.

DSC_5010

  Final product…

DSC_5017  

We all attend those potlucks and family functions with our 9x13 pan of something sweet. Anyone else hate how it looks like an animal attacked it when trying to serve a piece? Be creative and think of a fun way to cut and present it so the “animals” can commence in enjoying your decadent dessert it instead of making it look less appealing in your boring pan.

Enjoy, my friends! And, think spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment