Friday, March 27, 2015

Little Bit ‘o Yard Sale lovin’

Last weekend I had a visit from a dear friend. Christina blogs over at The Frugal Homemaker and has done an awesome job decorating her home on a small budget. I am blessed to call her my friend. We both share a love for all things pretty and frugal. (and we both may have a slight obsession with pillows)

Aside from creating some fun pallet wood projects (I will blog about in the near future), we enjoyed lots of shopping. We hit several Goodwills and thrift stores. But, the biggest jackpot for me came from a yard sale Saturday morning.

I purchased 20 shirts for me, 3 dresses for me, 1 shirt and a pair of brand new Docker pants for my honey, a cool clock, 6 teal coffee cups, a floating shelf, huge frame, a cute pillow, and a beautiful white sheet set for when we have guests.  I paid $12 total for all that loot! That makes each item cost about $.32!!

Yard sale clothes

Most of the shirts for me are Old Navy, Kohls, and Cato. Twenty shirts is a lot, I know, but I desperately needed to throw out a bunch of mine and needed some new. So, getting them at 32 cents makes it so worth it! The Dockers pants for my man still had the $52 tag still on them.

leather chair

The floating shelf has already found a home and the pillow is gracing one of our chairs. Do you spot that amazing leather chair in the picture? I cannot wait to share a blog post on that fun find soon.

I cannot wait for more yard sales. Have you found any fun treasures at yard sales yet this year?