Friday, June 5, 2015

Chicken Wire fun

I purchased this pie safe for a steal years ago. It’s served as book storage, linen closet, and china storage over the years. When I bought it there was a tin covering on the windows that I didn’t love, but just never changed it.

Touch of Fall

When I moved this to the kitchen/living room area when we got our free china cabinet a few months ago I knew the tin had to go.

I bought the smallest roll of chicken wire at the hardware store, measured and cut 2 pieces to fit the spaces. I used my handy dandy staple gun and made sure there were no sharp edges left for little fingers to snag themselves. I plan to get a smaller holed chicken wire and replace this, but for now you can get a glimpse of what it looks like.

Pie safe with chicken wire

Ta Da!!! Oh, and that cute little crate on the floor was $1.99 at the Goodwill in NC when we went up for Memorial day.

Dry goods storage

I know what you are thinking, “You have a huge pantry and you still need this storage for food?” Ha, I thought the same thing! But, I just love jars and displaying. It makes it so much easier to keep up with what I have, etc. So, while I didn’t need the food space, I didn’t have anything else cute to display in my “new” chicken wire cupboard.

Pie safe (3)

I moved a few baking jars off the counter to get rid of some clutter. Pasta, beans, nuts, and candies also worked perfect in this space.

 Chicken wire decor

Now it makes me smile! Come back Tuesday and see some of my table top centerpieces. It’s a simple way to change up decor without going anywhere.