01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, July 10, 2015

“Favorite Things” Themed Party

It’s crazy that July is already here! It appears difficult to catch a breath. We have had several big things the past few weeks and the next couple weeks are even busier with lots of company and 2 weddings (1 I cater and 1 I coordinate). I may plan to sleep July 20th. Actually, it is currently on the agenda in my calendar on my phone. I typed in bold capital letters SLEEP all day!! My littles don’t typically allow this plan to work, but at least I’m a little organized.

With summer upon us everyone encounters parties, picnics and more. I love parties and truly enjoy planning and preparing for one.

I had the privilege to start a Secret Sister program at our church a few weeks ago. I decided to keep it simple and spend no money on decorations since I could shop my house for my a few of my “favorite things.”

my favorite things collage

My little ones were huge helpers, as usual. Andrew and Chloe loved to roll the silverware and tie it off with a piece of jute string.

20150608_092924

Here’s my fish tank table holding recipe cards, pens and the basket to draw forms from as they enter. You can read about my fish tank frame here. Chalkboards scattered around throughout the night was just another one of my favorites.

20150609_161526

Our church has burlap table runners for events, so I snatched those babies out and put them on each table. I had chevron ribbon left in my craft bin so I clipped a few pieces and laid them in the center of the tables.

20150609_161548

I grabbed a few quart size jars and just wrapped a long piece of jute string around in a nonchalant way and glued the ends so they wouldn’t go anywhere. I picked up 2 dozen cheap, but beautiful roses from Wal-Mart to make some pretty centerpieces. FYI, if you want to make super cheap, but really pretty centerpieces with real flowers, Publix carries amazing bunches for an affordable price. They were out of roses when I went, but they had lots of other kinds. I opted for some oranges, whites and yellows.

20150609_161558 

Our church has this piece of lattice frame to use for events as well. I made a quick banner with some chevron, burlap, and jute string and hung my new front porch wreath for extra decor. You can read about my wreath creation here.

20150609_161618

Each place setting had a piece of paper with a game on both sides. The first game was an ice-breaker game. Each lady had to get every lady to sign one item they had done or was true of them. (someone who snorkled in Hawaii, someone who skied down a mountain, etc.) It was so much fun to watch these ladies get to know each other a little bit more. And, the competition was intense! The second game came later in the night. I had my pastor’s wife wear several extra forms of bling and accessories to her outfit. I sent her to another room and then asked the ladies questions regarding her outfit. (i.e., how many buttons on her shirt, what color flip flops, how many bracelets, etc.) One of the older ladies actually made the comment that she had been looking at the pastor’s wife much throughout the night wondering if she was trying to start a new style! Wish I had someone taking pictures during the event.

20150609_161624

This was our drink station. We served water, coffee, and Jell-O punch with jars and fun straws.

20150609_161633 20150609_161647 20150609_161704

Our dessert table…

20150609_161715 20150609_161722

We served fruit pizza and Chocolate éclairs!

 fruit pizza

eclairs (2) 

I had every lady bring their favorite appetizer and they put it on this serving table. I just did a simple centerpiece with my pallet tray and metal tub of flowers.

20150609_161736

We had a fun filled evening and are excited to jump into this year with his new ministry. I am so thankful for our church and the ladies that have so quickly become some dear friends to me.

I have a few weeks before I tackle my sweet 3 year old’s birthday party. She wants a shark and fish theme so we are going with an underwater themed party. I cannot wait to show you pictures as the day approaches.

When planning for parties or events, invitations are one of those projects typically on one’s list. If you are looking for a great source for some wonderful invitations I’d highly recommend Paperless Post.

 paperless post collage

They have wonderful designs for all occasions. Paperless Post gives great options for printed and online cards, invitations, and more. “Beautiful design meets seamless technology.” Check them out, you will not be disappointed. They have great invitations you can browse through at Paperless Post Invitation Page!

I’d love to see pictures of your most recent party or one you plan to throw this summer.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment