01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, September 25, 2015

Hardware Change

Spray paint or a quick stroke of a brush can give a room, a piece of furniture, or just a little detail a great new look!

I love my kitchen and am excited to dream about tackling a few projects like new countertops, a bead board covered island with a butcher block top, installing backsplash, and a few other things. But, those projects involve lots of time and even more money. So, I settle for little changes that often can be free with the supplies I have on hand.

Our hardware on the cabinets was a shiny nickel finish, and I wasn’t in love.

Kitchen above cabinet signs Kitchen cabinets

They didn’t look bad, but I wanted a different look without having to spend a fortune purchasing all new hardware. I have 35 knobs total! I had a can of oil rubbed bronze spray paint in the garage and sprayed away!

I’m loving this finished look….

Kitchen hardware change Kitchen (4)

The lights are next on the list to go to the attic. (We will put them back up when we sell the house, because these are expensive fixtures). I found a beautiful chandelier at Goodwill for $5 and already painted it oil rubbed bronze. Waiting for my hubby to pull these hefty babies down and hang the next ones. He likes doing tasks like that.

Kitchen

A $4 can of spray paint changed the hardware in a simple, but wonderful way!

Kitchen (2)  

Happy Creating, my sweet friends. Isn’t it fun to make your home beautiful to you without spending an arm and a leg? I LOVE it!

Kitchen (7)

I’m excited to start our 31 series next week! It’s another one of those stretching and challenging things for me. Stop by the blog on Monday and get a sneak peak of what this year’s topic will be. I’m excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment