Thursday, October 8, 2015

Crockpot Sweet Bbq Chicken thighs & Baked Veggies~ Day 8

Chicken Thighs and baked veggies

landing page picture

Our Bilo lately has been selling Chicken drumsticks and chicken thighs by the bag for $2! It’s pretty much unbeatable, and since my family doesn’t mind dark meat, I’ve stocked up a bit. It’s been fun to do different recipes with my stock, but I’m going to share a simple one today! It’s a 4 ingredient, dump in the crock-pot kind of day.

Chicken Thighs

I threw a 3 pound bag of chicken thighs, 1/4 cup organic maple syrup, a jar of bbq sauce (or homemade if you’d rather), and 1/2 onion sliced into my crock-pot. Turn it on low for all day or high for 4-5 hours. It’s a simple hands off kind of main dish.

BBQ Chicken Thighs

1 bag chicken thighs (can be frozen)
1/4 c. Maple syrup
1 jar Bbq sauce (homemade or jar)
1/2 onion, sliced
Dump in crock-pot

I made a dinner plate ensemble with all natural french fries and our favorite baked veggies! Your side options are endless, but sometimes an easy dinner is awesome.Baked Veggies (2)

Baked Veggies

However many and whatever kinds veggies your family eats. We love the blends of carrots, cauliflower and broccoli, but all are yummy.
Evenly spread veggies on a large baking pan.
Drizzle olive oil over top of veggies and toss a bit.
Season to taste. (I switch it up often, but you can sprinkle garlic, salt pepper, oregano, etc.)
Bake at 450 until crispy. My kids like them almost burnt! It typically takes about 30 minutes.
Chicken and Baked Veggies