Thursday, October 29, 2015

Egg, Sausage, & Hash brown Casserole & French Toast~ Day 29

 Breakfast dinner (2) 

 landing page picture

A good ‘ole breakfast for supper is on the agenda for my sweet family!Breakfast casserole

This casserole is hearty, easy, and delicious!

Tater Tot Casserole

1 lb ground browned sausage
2-4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups milk
4  eggs
2 pounds frozen tater tots
Preheat oven to 350
Spread sausage in 9x13 pan, then cheese.
Beat milk and eggs and pour over cheese.
Top with frozen tater tots

Bake 45 minutes. Cool 5-10 min. before serving.

French Toast is another one of our favorites too. However, when I was preparing the casserole I forgot I had used all the milk for that and didn’t have any more for the french toast. So, I rummaged through my pantry and figured I could substitute sweetened condensed milk and a little water and the remaining ingredients I always use. I don’t think I will go back to the other way! It was outstanding!

French toast

french toast (3)

French Toast

4 eggs
3/4 c. sweetened condensed milk
2 T water
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
12 slices bread

Whisk eggs, milk, water, cinnamon and vanilla in large bowl.
Heat griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
Quickly dip 1 bread slice into egg mixture, coating both sides. Place on griddle. Repeat with as many slices as will fit on your pan. Flip once bread is browned and cook another 2-3 minutes until both sides are evenly browned.

I got a big package of bacon for $1 a few weeks back and threw it in the freezer for a “rainy” day! We fried the whole thing up and gobbled it up faster than you could snap your finger. Ella says, “my want more pig!” lol

Who doesn’t like breakfast for dinner? We love it, and this time we loved it even more just because we had to get creative and use what we had!

Breakfast dinner