01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Iced Coffee & Snickerdoodles~ Day 7

 Iced Coffee (3)

landing page picture

Okay, so no huge meal today. Some days are best served with a hefty plate of leftovers. Are you a leftover family? Or do you find yourself throwing out too much food? When my kids were in Christian school last year I found that leftovers went to waste a bit more than ever before. I did my best to have my youngest two eat some for lunches, but sometimes it just didn’t happen. I always wanted a nice home cooked meal on the table when they would finally get home around 5, so leftover nights weren’t as often, I’m afraid to say. Now that I am a home-school mom with 4 littles we eat a great deal of our leftovers for lunches. It is easier and it often is much better than a simple sandwich!

Yet, we still often have a leftover night once a week to avoid throwing money and food down the drain. Leftovers are what’s on the menu for tonight. Even when you have to “clean” out the fridge you can make a sweet treat to top off your meal. Some sweets don’t have to be as glamorous as others. It can be a simple warm cookie with a tall glass of milk or a yummy iced coffee for myself.  My husband’s favorite cookie is the snickerdoodle, and I’m excited to share the recipe for you to pop in the next time you have leftovers.

snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodle

1/2 c. butter, soft
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. vinegar or 1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

3 T sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter, sugar and eggs. Combine flour, vinegar, soda and salt. Blend together and chill dough for 15 minutes.
Roll into small balls and roll through cinnamon sugar mix.
Bake 10 minutes and remove from pan to cool immediately.

Iced Coffee (2)

Iced Coffee

Coffee
Ice
Enough milk & sugar to your liking
Whipped Cream
Caramel or Chocolate drizzle for an extra plus

Make a cup of coffee
Fill a glass with ice and put in the amount of milk or creamer you desire.
Pour hot coffee over ice (or you can have cold if you’ve thought ahead and cooled)
Mix in desired sugar.
Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel or chocolate!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I homeschool also, my son and I eat leftovers for lunch many days. Sometimes those leftovers tastes better the second day.

    ReplyDelete