Friday, October 2, 2015

Molasses Cookies~ Day 2

I have several childhood memories of biting into a warm cookie on a fall day only to have it melt in my mouth. Little did I know back then that cookies melting in your mouth was a proof of baking excellence. Well, maybe that’s a bit of a stretch, but I like to think of it that way. The cookies I’m about to show you are simply divine and often have the “melt in your mouth” affect on your sweet tooth.

molasses cookies (2)

landing page picture 

If you have children, involve them in your kitchen adventures. It’s important to teach them even if it is just scooping cookies and boiling water. I am so thankful my momma came alongside me at a young age and helped me develop a love for creating in the kitchen. I give her the credit for my getting into a bakery manager position for many years. Ah, it was so much fun!

Molasses Cookies (3) 

I always double this recipe because they freeze so well.

molasses cookies (5) molasses cookies (6) 

Molasses Cookies

3/4 c. butter (whip 1 minute)
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses
2 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Beat all of the above ingredients and chill in fridge for 1 hour.
Roll into balls then roll in sugar.
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes

When cooled drizzle glaze over top.
Glaze: 1 c. powdered sugar, 1 T corn syrup, 2 T water, 1/4 tsp. vanilla

molasses cookies

Enjoy!