Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pancakes with fresh fruit topping~ Day 14

Pancakes with fruit sauce

landing page picture

Breakfast for dinner is always something my family loves. And, what better way to make an easy supper fun with big fluffy pancakes?! My sister gave me this recipe years ago and I haven’t used another since! It is no fail and they are the fluffiest and best ever. It makes a ton though, so I often make the whole thing and freeze dozens of pancakes or I half it and have some in the fridge to warm up for a few breakfasts.

pancakes (2)

Pancakes

5 eggs
3/4 c. oil
3/4 c. white vinegar
4 1/2 c. milk
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda
A pinch of baking powder
1/2 c. sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
7-8 c. flour

Mix altogether. Don’t overmix!

kids and pancakes

I’m one of those strange people who likes butter, salt, and pepper on her pancakes…don’t judge! However, when I have fresh fruit to throw on top, that makes it even better. You can also make your own fruit syrup if you desire. I had some blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries that were needing to be eaten sooner than later. I just threw them in a saucepan with a tiny bit (just a pinch) of sugar or honey and a smidge (1 Tablespoon) of water and let them cook down. It’s a fun way to add a pop of flavor to pancakes!

 pancakes (3)

Enjoy!