Thursday, October 1, 2015

Stir Fry & Drop Biscuits~ Day 1

stirfry meal (3)

 landing page picture

Being a home-school mom, with much on my plate, I have to plan my meals around our schedules. Some meals take a bit more prep and work, so make sure you put that into consideration when planning what is for dinner.

Rice is a favorite of my kids so we like to make all sorts of meals to work around a “little” pile of rice. I can never go wrong with stir-fry. And one of the best things about stir fry is you can change it so much with different meats, spices, veggies, and sauces. Get creative, my friends….you won’t be disappointed.

Stirfry (2)     

Today’s stir-fry is pork with mushrooms, onions, peppers, and broccoli.

Start by putting 2 T Olive oil in skillet or pan and sauté onions and garlic.

stirfry (8)

Add your meat and brown accordingly.

stirfry (9)

Add about 4 T soy sauce within the browning process.

stirfry (10) 

Add your vegetables and cover.

stirfry (11)

One of my favorite parts of home cookin’ is being able to change things up with flavors. You can use whatever spices you desire when making stir-fry's. Sometimes I will  do a lemon pepper stir fry with chicken, onions, and mushrooms. Your options are endless and you really can’t go wrong unless you over salt! {yes, I am guilty of this}

 stirfry (12)

Add spices to taste.

Stirfry (13)

Serve over rice or noodles with yummy drop biscuits as a side. You can find my biscuit recipe here.     

Stir Fry

Ingredients:
Pork, beef, chicken, or shrimp—Cubed or sliced thin
1 onion, sliced or diced depending on preference
2 cloves garlic,minced
8-10 sliced mushrooms
1 sliced pepper (you can use any color or a variety)
2 cups Broccoli
Soy Sauce
Olive Oil
Onion powder, Salt, Pepper, dash of oregano, and cumin to taste

Brown your meat with garlic, onions, and Olive Oil.
Add soy sauce and veggies and cover to soften veggies a bit
Season

Serve with Rice or noodles
stirfry meal (4)

Enjoy!