Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Flower Pizzazz

I took a bit of a break after my crazy 31 day series last month. But, I have several fun posts on the horizon, and I am excited to get back into the swing of things.

A few weeks ago I walked into my kitchen and grimaced a bit. Not because it was a mess or I was tired of cooking and creating, but because it needed something…something that would make me smile. I had a few errands to run that day and stopped at Sams Club for a few items that were on sale. And, these bright, beautiful, smile-making flowers seemingly hopped into my cart.

Sometimes the best way to liven up a room or give an extra ray of sunshine is a simple flower arrangement. I rearranged it a bit and found an empty ball jar to do the presenting. It doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive, but what a wonderful pop of color it creates.

flowers

I have vases or jars scattered throughout my home with different arrangements---some I’d have to confess are fake, but that’s okay too. As long as your pops of color are making you smile and bringing some extra beauty to sometimes boring rooms that’s what matters.

flower or stick decor

I recently replaced my flower display in our living room to fit in with our Harvest/Fall themed decor. I just grabbed a few random sticks from the woods at our church, grabbed a few branches of beautiful leaves and shoved them in a quart jar with a few strands of jute wrapped around the outside.

flower dcor

And, a mini fresh flower display in the living room makes me even more grateful!

Sometimes getting a professional to create your flower beauty can be a great treat too. If you are looking for a great florist in your area I’d highly recommend BloomNation. They support local florists through a flower delivery service and an online market place. They have some beautiful selections available in many locations.

bloomnation 

bloomnation2

If you want to bring a freshness and an easy smile to a room, display some pretty flowers. I promise, you won’t be disappointed.