Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Hardware change

Sometimes the easiest way to transform or change a piece of furniture is a coat of paint, a fun new arrangement on top, or a bit of hardware change.
Due to ever increasing traffic in the girl's room and a few handles having been knocked off and lost in our move, this dresser needed some TLC.
I had been keeping my eyes opened at yard sales and thrift stores for random handles that I could use throughout the house as needed. Unfortunately, the search has been skim pickings and I resorted to hit my favorite store. (After yard sales, that is) Hobby Lobby had these handles on clearance for $1.99 each so I snatched 6 of them and set to work. I had to do some patching and painting, but it was an easy 15 minute task that has helped my little ones be able to get into their drawers easier.

Notice: my project is not complete? I still need to do some paint touch-up and add a washer to the bottom left handle. But, is any project complete in this home? I'd say not!
I'm looking forward to sharing a fun project my son and I have enjoyed doing together!