Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Day 4~ Pallet clock



I don't have a true order for our mini series, but I just couldn't wait to share this until day 31. I often walk by and just smile, because it turned out just the way I wanted it.
I will be honest, when I make the next one I plan to do it a bit differently, but trial by error tends to be the way I learn. I apologize I had stained and painted before I started taking pictures.
I used a nail in the center to hold a string attached to a pencil in order to create the "round" look.












After getting my clock shape complete, I used a protractor to place a dot every 30 degrees for my numbers. I picked a font I wanted and printed them for me to transfer them to the clock.

















I used this drill and bit to put a hole in the center to hold the clock mechanism.



















I bought the clock hands at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon.

 
I grabbed a small wooden circle slice to hide the hole and give it a bit of dimension as well.


The old toolbox, rusty bucket of fall foliage, and the rusty bird cage complete my fun new creation.