Monday, February 13, 2017

"Barn door shutters"- Pallet Love


I think I completed these in October of last year and just forgot to post. We have our mantle in our bedroom with a little sitting area and a tv. I really wanted to do the sliding barn shutters to hide the tv, but purchasing the ridiculously overpriced hardware is really not a priority for me, nor in my budget. So, I decided to come up with a happy, free alternative. I just slapped a few pallet boards together similar to my signs and voila.















A little bit of white wash and rough staining completed the bit o' rustic feel.


Notice my pumpkins? 😀 I guess I need to do better at posting my projects. They are currently just propped up on the top ledge of the mantle just in case I come across some great deals on hardware.

My neighbor sold me that super cool trunk for $10! It houses babies next size diapers.😏

Until next time...