Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Stool Makeover

You can read about the beginning story of these 4 bar stools here. They looked like this after I first got ahold of them...
I just painted the base chocolate brown and the tops white. Then I stenciled on each seat. I enjoyed them for the time, but they were beginning to get worn out. Lots of paint had chipped off the spindles due to the everyday wear and tear.

Our handy dandy sander went to work as I took all the paint off the seats to prepare for a good stain. I sanded the base of each pretty well too for our next coat of paint.
Each of the seats got a coat of dark walnut stain and a nice layer of poly to help seal the deal.

I used a white chalk paint to paint the base then distressed it with some sand paper.


No more chipped brown paint or nasty scuffed up seats. Well, for now, that is!