01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, May 5, 2017

Today's Beautiful Mess

Life is messy isn't it? So many dear friends are within battles and hurting is all around. We watch dear ones fighting with physical conditions that are creating havoc on their weary bodies. Sweet wives and husbands are fighting to keep their marriages alive. Men and women alike are highly immersed in sin, struggling to break free. Children keep testing their parents and parents give way to compromise only because...they are done, tired, weary, wishing for a reprieve.

You are not alone, dear ones. We are all in this fight. We are all amidst this beautiful mess called life. I have found myself really meditating on my sufficiency in Christ lately. It seems to be something He wants to teach me over and over again. I wish I'd just learn and stop relying on my own strength or attempting life "my way" which only results in constant failures.


1 Peter 5:8 reminds me of my need to be vigilant in my daily life no matter how messy it may seem.
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour."

Jesus lovingly reminded me today that I AM the right mom for my children--that through Him I AM enough. He equips me daily with everything I need to get me through today even through the messes.

As a daughter of the King I can cling to the truth that this battle is not my own.
2 Chronicles 20:15 ...Thus saith the Lord unto you, be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's.

Ah, I can breath a big sigh of relief knowing that God has this. He has today in the center of His hands. He knows my messes, and He willingly meets me within them giving loving rebukes and reminders as to His purposes for me within them. 

God has proven that He is far more powerful than anything that Satan desires to throw at us. He has already won this battle! So, when Satan whispers his lies or words of discouragement in your ears today be reminded that this battle is not your own.

2 Chronicles 20:17... "Ye shall not need to fight in this battle set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you...fear not, nor be dismayed: tomorrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you."

Have a happy day fighting to be more like Jesus, even in the mess you find yourself within.

No comments:

Post a Comment