01 09 10
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, May 8, 2017

When your questions don't seem to be answered

I've been studying a little about questions that I have in life's uncertainties. You know those questions like: Why me? Why won't you heal me? When? Where do I go? Who do I marry and why not yet? What job? Those aren't the exact questions I have, but they may be some of yours. Often, I find myself going in vicious cycles of depending on Him to answer when He chooses to or really questioning and sincerely NEEDING an answer now---the answer I want, that is.

1 Chronicles 20:22-23 is a neat passage regarding Jehoshaphat's prayer to the Lord. He got his answer immediately. Boom. Done. Battle over. Victory.

Then, my human mind begins to wonder why God doesn't answer my questions that quickly or why He takes longer to answer, and why does He choose to wait that long. When I am tempted to wonder why He isn't working, I must remember that He indeed is working!

Sometimes He chooses to work quickly in situations and other times very slowly, but He is always moving!

Here are a few verses that have helped give me peace in God's timing.

2 Corinthians 12:9  And he said unto me, my Grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Psalm 27:13-14  I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Colossians 3:15-17  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word of deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Trust Him with your questions and requests. Know that He is working, but let Him grow you through the waiting time if that's what He so desires.



No comments:

Post a Comment